- NCBI Taxonomy Homepage
- How many legs does it have?
- Peter Højrup’s useful ready reckoner for molecular weights: General Protein / Mass Analysis for Windows
- MS BLAST Search at Harvard
- BLAST for sequences interpreted from mass spectra
- mMass – Open Source Mass Spectrometry Tool
- Various calculators for mass spectrometry and proteomics
- PaxDb: Protein Abundance Across Organisms
- Whole genome protein abundance information
- Bioinformatics Links Directory
- Comprehensive links directory from Ontario Institute for Cancer Research
- NAR Database of Databases
- To accompany Nucleic Acids Research annual database issue
- Max-Planck Unified (MAPU) proteome database
- MAPU datasets can serve as reference proteomes in biomarker discovery
- Genome Web
- Proteomics and bioinformatics news.
- Online proteomics community for sharing protocols, papers, news, questions, and more.
- ABRF Discussion Forum
- A good place for questions relating to proteomics and mass spectrometry
- HUPO Proteomics Standards Inititative
- Standards for data representation
- Nature Methods
- Nature Methods proteomics archive
- ProteomicsDB is a joint effort of the Technische Universität München (TUM) and SAP AG. It is dedicated to expedite the identification of the human proteome
- The ProteomeXchange consortium has been set up to provide a coordinated submission of MS proteomics data to the main existing proteomics repositories.
- Web-based storing, sharing, visualizing, and analyzing spectrometry files.
- The long term goal of the PeptideAtlas project is full annotation of eukaryotic genomes through a thorough validation of expressed proteins