The information on this page is only relevant if you are running a local (intranet) copy of Mascot Server. For help with search submission and result interpretation, either click on Help in the main menu or follow this link for an overview.
The latest versions of Mascot Server are listed below. To find your version number, look at the top left corner of the main status page (follow the “Database Status” link from the Mascot home page).
- Microsoft Windows 7 / 2008 / Vista / 2003 / XP 2.4.01
- Linux (Intel / AMD) 2.4.01
- Tru64 (HP Alpha) 2.1.03
- Mascot version 2.1 is the final version to include support for Tru64
- Irix (SGI MIPS) 2.1.03
- Mascot version 2.1 is the final version to include support for Irix
- AIX (IBM Power 4, 5) 2.2.04
- Mascot version 2.2 is the final version to include support for AIX
- Solaris (Sparc) 2.2.04
- Mascot version 2.2 is the final version to include support for Solaris
- Microsoft Windows NT4 2.2.07
- Mascot version 2.2 is the final version to include support for Windows NT4
- Microsoft Windows 2000 2.3.02
- Mascot version 2.3 is the final version to include support for Windows 2000
Updating Mascot from version 2.3.x or earlier to version 2.4 requires a full installation CD-ROM. Customers who are under warranty, or who have purchased extended support, receive new versions as soon as they are available. If you have allowed your support contract to lapse, please contact us for information on how to get back on track.
If you are running Mascot under Windows, patches and file updates can be downloaded from the links on this page.
If you are running Mascot under Unix, and see that a more recent version is available, please send an email to email@example.com containing sufficient information for us to verify that you are a licensed Mascot user, and we will email you a download link for the update for your specific platform.